Gunmen have opened fire outside a mosque in France, injuring eight
- Eight people have been injured after gunmen reportedly opened fire outside a mosque in southeast France.
- Worshippers were leaving the Arrahma mosque in Avignon, Provence, at about 10.30pm on Sunday night when two “hood men” pulled up in a car and got out.
- Police said the gunmen started shooting, injuring four people at the scene, LaProvence newspaper reported. A family of four in a nearby apartment received shrapnel wounds.
- One of the attackers was carrying a handgun, while the other had a rifle.
- Police were searching for the suspects after they fled from the scene.The incident comes two weeks after a man attacked worshippers outside a Finsbury Park mosque in London, killing one and injuring nine.